The application process for any of our Trinity Certificate in TESOL courses is quick and simple:
1. Complete and submit the online application form.
2. We will confirm receipt of your online application form by e-mail and give you an appointment for a Skype or face-to-face interview, as appropriate. If, however, the time is not convenient for you please reply with alternative times.
3. The interview will last for about 60 minutes, during which you will discuss aspects of language learning and teaching, as well your reasons for wanting to do the course. It is also your opportunity to ask any questions that you may have about the TESOL course, the TYLE course or anything related to our TEFL courses, such as accommodation or visas.
4. Within 24 hours we will send you an e-mail letting you know the outcome of the interview. If accepted on the course, we will also include a short handwritten task to complete and return to us as well as the pre-course task and additional practical information regarding travel, accommodation and payment.
5. In order to reserve your place on a TESOL course we ask you to pay a deposit of €400. The outstanding balance must be paid 4 weeks (20 working days) prior to the TESOL course start date, at the latest.
If you are interested in taking one of our Teaching Young Learner Extension courses (without combining it with the CertTESOL), please complete this application form.
We understand you may want to take a little time to consider your decision. However, we would like to remind you that your place in one of our TEFL courses is only reserved once you have paid a deposit. You can pay a deposit or the full amount if you prefer. Payments are done by bank transfer.
Important note: When you make the bank transfer, please ensure that the bank indicates your name as the reference on the transfer. This will help us identify the payment when it reaches us. Also, please send us an e-mail to let us know that you have made the transfer to immediately reserve your place on one of our TEFL courses. When the money is received in our account, we will send you an email.
Note on accommodation: The accommodation fee for the TESOL course is to be paid along with the full balance of the TESOL course fees. Accommodation can only be reserved once the full course fees have been paid.
Accommodation for the Spanish course is paid directly to the Spanish language school.
Terms and Conditions
Please note that enrolment on our TESOL courses is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Deposits are non-refundable.
2. The remaining balance of the full TESOL course fees must be paid no later than 20 working days before the first day of the course or on a specific date set by Active Language that is also prior to the TESOL course start date. Should the remaining balance not reach us on time you will automatically be placed on a waiting list and risk losing your place if someone pays in full before you. There will be no right to a refund of your deposit.
3. If you postpone the start date of your course giving…
• …more than 4 weeks’ notice: the deposit will be valid for a future course. The TESOL course must be completed within one year of its postponement.
• …less than 4 weeks’ notice, you will forfeit your original deposit which must be paid again before the next TESOL course starts. If any other fees have been paid, that money will be valid for a future TESOL course. The TESOL course must be completed within one year of its postponement.
• If you postpone your TESOL course and choose not to take up the place at a later date, please note that there is no refund on either deposits or course fees.
4. If you cancel your TESOL course…
• …more than 6 weeks before the TESOL course starts: full refund of the remaining balance (not of the deposit).
• …between 4 and 6 weeks before the TESOL course starts: 50% refund of the remaining balance (not of the deposit).
• …less than 4 weeks before the TESOL course starts: there is no refund of the remaining balance.
• Please note that if, for whatever reason, you have to drop out of the TESOL course once it has started, there will be no right to any refund irrespective of circumstances. Where the circumstances are extreme (for example, serious illness), you will be able to join a later TESOL course (the dates of the course to be determined by Active Language) on payment of a second deposit.
5. Payments for extension TEFL courses are non-refundable. Postponements of extension TEFL courses are possible giving no less than 1 week notice. No penalty will be applied in these cases. If the extension TEFL course is postponed it must be completed within one year of its postponement.
6. We reserve the right to cancel a course up to 2 weeks before the start date. In this case, your full fees will be refunded (including the deposit).
7. The place booked on a TEFL course and the fees paid cannot be transferred to another person.
8. Active Language cannot be held liable for any losses to trainees other than those covered by its public liability insurance. Trainees are strongly advised to take medical and personal effects insurance to cover themselves.
9. Active Language cannot be held responsible for loss or theft of personal belongings.
10. All Active Language accommodation payments are non-refundable.
I would like to thank you again for a superb experience on the August TESOL course. All the staff were professional in their approach and knowledgeable about their subject. I learnt such a great deal and felt supported and encouraged from the first day until the last. I would highly recommend this course to anyone seeking a thorough training in the basics of TESOL
I appreciate how welcome I felt upon arrival and throughout the course. You all were genuinely concerned and helpful with my personal needs. The course is intense! But I think that the website accurately prepares you for this.
I enjoyed the course and learned a lot about teaching in the process. I thought it was great to teach in two different levels and have two tutors with different ideas about teaching.